Management of grounds and gardens
The Garden Service (Manchester) Limited provides professional high quality grounds and garden maintenance across Greater Manchester and Northern Cheshire.
Our team consists of experienced, qualified horticulturists who really care about the work carried out day to day in the grounds and gardens of which we are custodians. All groundsmen understand and apply species specific plant care and are trained in productive, high quality maintenance techniques. Our regular investment in the best machinery and tools enables an efficient, safe and superior finish, giving us a confidence which is illustrated in the standards consistently maintained.
We have a reputation for reliability and quality and enjoy longstanding relationships with owners of private gardens and estates, housing associations, management companies and private businesses. With a single senior point of contact, we are able to maintain good communication with our clients, discussing with them regularly the progress of work on site and providing trouble free grounds management with a minimum investment of your own time and resources.
At each maintenance visit:
- Lawns are mowed leaving formal stripes
- Lawn edges are well defined and manicured
- Shrubs are maintained - pruned by species for maximum foliage/flower presentation and plant vigour
- Hedges are trimmed as required by type/location
- Borders are maintained, weeding, hoeing and pruning as necessary
- Litter collected
- Hard-standing and bin areas swept to remove debris, leaves, grit build up etc
- Hard-standing, block paving, patios and driveways treated as necessary to combat and prevent weed, moss and algal growth
- Green waste removed from site and composted at a local farm
As necessary we also carry out:
- Lawn care: feeding (liquid & granular fertilisers), pest control (weeds & moss), verticutting/scarification and aeration
- Restorative pruning of hedges
- Restorative pruning of shrubs
- Tree care (Cert. Arb, RFS, Mem SWA), felling and clearing
- Brush cutting
- Turfing and reseeding
- Landscape planting